The Advantages of Mobile Banking for Business
Smartphone technology has greatly simplified routine business activities with mobile banking – providing access to company accounts using a smartphone to connect with your commercial bank.
There are plenty of advantages for businesses of all sizes to use the mobile banking options offered by your business bank.
- Deposit checks. This payment option is perfect for businesses that have employees on the road. Service technicians can snap a picture of a customer check for a same-day deposit into your company account. Making paper-check deposits using mobile banking technology moves more money through the business and reduces the cost and delay of payment collection. Your business is paid when services or products are delivered, not net 30 days.
- Conduct credit and debit card transactions. Both check deposits and credit and debit card transactions are called Remote Payment Capture or Remote Deposit Capture. Payment, using a credit or debit card, simply requires a swipe and an electronic signature, and there’s no more waiting for deposits. Payment is moved electronically from the customer’s account to your company account faster.
- View check images. With a click, you can view images of paper checks that have been deposited and cleared to give you an accurate accounting of company balances. You can set up your remote payment and deposit system to view paper checks deposited by the entire sales team, the service crew, or the managers manning the company booth at the trade show. With just a click, you get the complete picture of the checks that have been deposited and credited to your company account – anytime, anywhere.
- Check account balances. Simply log on to your smartphone accounts dashboard for a quick glance at all company account balances. Need more detailed information? Virtually all company account information is stored securely by your commercial bank, available for your review on your schedule. Another advantage of mobile banking is you can bank on your schedule using your mobile phone. Boost productivity and get more done when you have the time to access the company books via mobile banking.
- Transaction reviews are also greatly simplified – an advantage when you’re out of the office. You can review deposits and payments that have cleared and those that are pending. Pay bills online from anywhere so your payments are always on time. Mobile banking simplifies company financials, whether making bill payments or receiving payments from clients and customers.
- Move money between accounts with mobile banking. You’re no longer tethered to a desktop computer. You don’t need to find a Wi-Fi hot spot for your laptop or tablet. With your mobile phone, you can access all your accounts and transfer funds between them on your terms, keeping more cash in interest-bearing accounts until the last minute.
- Make payments on time. Using the scheduled bill pay option, you can transfer company funds to the accounts of vendors and service providers, utility companies, the office rental company, etc. Move money out of your accounts on the dates you schedule, never miss a payment or get hit with a late fee, and take greater control of company finances.
- App banking. Ask your bank representative how to download the bank’s app. A banking app enables you to conduct all your mobile banking faster and simpler, while collecting or making payments from anywhere within your service region.
So, whether you’re a one-person sole proprietorship or a global enterprise, get your company’s banking mobilized and cut banking business down to size.
Join our e-newsletter
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get new content each month.